Since 2014 a tourism tax has been imposed for all private overnight stays in Berlin ("Accommodation Tax"). Here are the most important details:
- The fee is 5% of the total net amount of your overnight stay and is included in the booking fee.
- Business travellers are exempt from this tax. To take advantage of this exemption, please bring a confirmation signed by your employer with you. A corresponding form can be downloaded here. If you are self-employed please use this form.
- Class trips approved by an authorized school official as a study trip serving educational purposes are exempt from tax. Please complete the following form.
- Students are also exempt from this tax if the overnight accommodation is essential for participation in compulsory study events. The relevant form can be downloaded here.
- Participants in further education courses are also exempt if the educational activity or course content is directly related to vocational training. Please use this form.
- This leaflet provides further information on the Accommodation Tax: Download.
If you have any questions concerning the Accommodation Tax, feel free to contact us: gaestehaus(at)berliner-stadtmission.de or tel. 0049 (0)30 69033-33.